Patrick Donston, the owner and operator of Absolutely Fish, a MAC certified facility and wholesale retail store in Clifton, NJ will be presenting on “Husbandry Practices for Commercial Marine Systems” at the Aquatic Experience Expo in November.
His presentation will discuss the proper equipment needed to maintain outstanding marine livestock including foam fractionators, ultra-violet sterilizers, ozone, lighting, reactors, and large biological filtration. This portion will be followed by information about designing, building, and documenting husbandry systems. He will include information on how to record and interpret statistical data to make the right decisions to improve daily husbandry routine and needs.
Dontson’s presentation topics to include:
- Definitions and illustrations of key equipment needs and the purpose of their utilization
- Simple ways to get started on data recording books
- How to create a daily husbandry “To Do List” to ensure proper care
- How to evaluate livestock suppliers and shipments
- The proper acclimation techniques to achieve success with husbandry practices for commercial marine systems
For more information on speakers and educational sessions, watch for the Aquatic Experience Educational Sessions Schedule coming soon!