Aquatic Experience 2018
The (ACA) American Cichlid Association Fish Competition
The ACA Competition takes place on October 19 – 21, 2018 as part of the Aquatic Experience show, held at The Meadowlands Exposition Center, 355 Plaza Dr., Secaucus, New Jersey, 07094.
A competition of multiple classes in nearly all new and old world cichlid groups with awards given out in each class. This is a great opportunity to share your enthusiasm of your particular breed with other old, new and potential hobbyist… plus the opportunity for you to show off your fish!
General Rules and Regulations
- Entries are open to anyone. One does not need to be an ACA Member to enter.
- No limit on the number of entries per contestant.
- No entry will be in more than one class per entry.
- One entry per tank.
- In order for the award prize monies to be distributed, there must be a minimum of 3 entries per class.
Entry Fees and Deadlines
- The cost for each entry is $10.00
- Each contestant receives one (1) 3-Day pass which includes Saturday/Sunday Seminars (This pass is per contestant, not per fish entry). 3-Day Pass is for the contestant only – any additional persons must purchase a day pass or weekend pass online or at show site.
- All entry forms and fees must be received no later than 8:00pm (Eastern Standard Time) on October 12, 2018
- To enter click here
- All exhibit entries MUST be set up on Thursday, October 18, 2018 between 8:00am and 8:00pm only. If any exhibit needs to be relocated for any reason, only the Show Committee staff will be allowed to do so.
- Tampering with any exhibit other than your own is strictly forbidden.
- Judging will take place Friday between 9:00pm and 11:59pm, only the judges will be permitted in the show area during this time.
- Decisions of the judges on class changes, disqualifications, and show results will be final.
- Awards will be announced on Saturday at 10:30am in the competition area.
- $25 awards given to 1st place winner in each class, plus $100 Reserve Best of Show and $500 Grand Prize
- All entry exhibits will be under the control of the ACA/AE Show Committee.
- Entry exhibits may not be dismantled or removed prior to 4:00pm on the Sunday October 21, 2018.
- All entry exhibits must be removed from the show area by 6:00pm on Sunday, October 21, 2018.
- Any entries not removed by 6:00pm on Sunday will become property of ACA/AE.
- Aquatic Experience, American Cichlid Association and MEC and or Show Decorator (SMG) will NOT be held responsible for any loss or damages incurred during the show.
- ACA Committee and AE management will do its utmost to ensure the highest amount of care and security is provided to each entry.
- ACA Committee and AE management reserves the right to periodically modify and make changes to these rules as it deems necessary.
- AE will provide aquarium kits in standard 10 and 20H sizes. The kits will include power filters, heaters and lids with lighting.
- Black gravel with a neutral background will be in each and every tank for a more natural exhibit.
- No background color, text or graphics will be allowed to be added by the exhibitor until after the conclusion of the judging. No equipment or decorations may be placed inside the tanks unless provided by the Show
- Tanks will be bare except for provided equipment.
- Tops will be provided for all tanks to prevent jumpers.
- Municipal water treated with dechlorinator will be available on site. Contestants choosing to bring their own water are advised to coordinate prior to arrival at the convention.
- No sprays, window cleaners or other chemicals will be permitted in the show area except for approved dechlorinators and other water treatment chemicals.
- ACA Committee and AE management will not be responsible for contestant’s equipment, materials or supplies left in Show Room.
Promotion and Media Release:
WPA/Aquatic Experience retains the rights and ownership of all images and sounds including photographs, video, audio and any other media not specified. WPA/AE is allowed to take pictures, video and other media to use for promotion and future events. As a condition of ACA/Cichlid Contest participation and any and all public participants, ACA hereby grants permission to WPA/Aquatic Experience and their contracted PR, Social Media and Marketing groups to utilize photos, biography, appearance, name, voice, likeness and other information ACA/Cichlid Contest furnishes in connection with the event, publicity of the event and future editions of the event and in connection with the promotion of the event in any and all manner and media.